Be aware of these types of common stumbling blocks when designing your site:
– Your home page would not quickly tell you what the Web page is all about. You need to be able to visit the home page of any Web page and find out what the web page is about, what kind of products that sells, or what it is promoting within five seconds.
– The poor use of popup microsoft windows, splashy marketing, splash pages (pages with cool animations and sound but which you have to view for five to eight seconds prior to being taken to the actual Web site), and other Website creation features that draw fascination away from the Web site, items, and/ or perhaps services.
— Poor Internet site navigation. Including broken hyperlinks, hidden the navigation, poor text of navigational links, backlinks that have you to pages with no links, links that take one to the same Site, and internet pages with no links back to the home page (always include a link back to the home-page so that no matter where site visitors are, they can find their way back home! ).
– Thinking that because you have a site, you have a marketing campaign or perhaps overall marketing and advertising strategy. You must understand that your Web site is normally not the marketing strategy. Your Web site is just a part of your entire marketing strategy, depending on your business desired goals; for example , in case you have a successful cafe but really want to advertise and promote your business on the Web. Making a Web site is fantastic, but if not necessarily promoted johari.co.za and advertised, no one will ever realize its. By fainting business cards along with your Web site URL embossed with them, you are employing a traditional advertising campaign to promote the Web site. In case you offer a downloadable/ printable promotion from your Web-site, you happen to be successfully using your Web site as part of your marketing strategy to meet up with your goal of increased cafe sales.
— Failure to attain Web site significance and articles updating. There is nothing more dissatisfying to a Web consumer than browsing a Web site that is grossly out of date. Incorrect pricing, products no longer available, old content, and ancient marketing and advertising all represent to the Web-site visitor that your faithfulness to your Website is battling greatly. Cramming your internet pages with nonrelevant material should detract the customer from receiving the point of the Web site (the five-second regulation mentioned earlier).
– Avoid too many text effects. Ignore flashing text, reversing text, gymnastics textual content, or other eye-popping and dizzying effects, which do nothing more than annoy your site visitor. Don’t create a “loud” Web page that contain so many blinking, flashing, twirling, and spinning icons, text, or perhaps graphics that visitors happen to be overwhelmed by the effects and under-whelmed by the site content.
– Limit the amount of graphics on your Web site so you don’t overwhelm your site site visitors with “graphics overload. ” Don’t use animated GIF pictures on your Website. These were cool ten years back, but in the modern day’s professional environment, they are just another “loud, inches annoying revisionalteration that prospects don’t need.
– Don’t use Microsoft’s topics (built-in style templates) when creating a Web site with Microsoft FrontPage. Whilst FrontPage is based on a regular basis, we stand by the fact it can be used to design great Web sites.
– Don’t incorporate casings into Web site design. The usage of frames in a Web site is going to drive clients away faster than nearly anything!
– DO incorporate the appropriate Web site design elements to ensure your Website is ready to be seen by search engines like google.