Be aware of these types of common pitfalls when designing your web site:
– The house page www.sigmacivil.com.brdoes not quickly let you know what the Web site is all about. You will be able to go to the home page of any Web-site and determine what the site is about, which kind of products it sells, or perhaps what it is promotion within five seconds.
– The poor make use of popup microsoft windows, splashy marketing, splash pages (pages with cool animations and sound but which you have to look at for five to 10 seconds prior to being taken to the real Web site), and other Web development features that draw curiosity away from the Web site, products, and/ or services.
– Poor Internet site navigation. This can include broken backlinks to your site, hidden map-reading, poor wording and terminology of navigational links, backlinks that consider you to web pages with no backlinks, links that take you to the same Website page, and webpages with no backlinks back to your home page (always include a backlink to the webpage so that no matter where site visitors are, they can get their in the past home! ).
– Trusting that since you have an online site, you have an advertising campaign or perhaps overall merchandising strategy. You must know that your Web site is normally not your marketing strategy. The Web site is really a part of your overall marketing strategy, based on your business goals; for example , when you have a successful restaurant but wish to advertise and promote your organization on the Web. Setting up a Web site is excellent, but if it is far from promoted and advertised, no-one will ever come across it. By passing out business cards with your Web site WEBSITE embossed about them, you are applying a traditional advertising campaign to promote your Web site. Should you offer a downloadable/ printable voucher from your Web-site, you happen to be successfully utilizing your Web site as part of your marketing strategy to meet your goal of increased restaurant sales.
– Failure to get Web site relevance and content updating. There exists nothing more dissatisfying into a Web buyer than visiting a Web site that may be grossly outdated. Incorrect charges, products not any longer available, old content, and ancient promoting all signify to the Website visitor that your devotion to your Web-site is troubled greatly. Cramming your internet pages with non-relevant material definitely will detract the customer from getting the point of the Web site (the five-second rule mentioned earlier).
– Avoid too many text message effects. Ignore flashing text message, reversing textual content, gymnastics text, or different eye-popping and dizzying results, which bum more than upset your site visitor. Don’t build a “loud” Web-site that contain so many blinking, pulsating, twirling, and spinning icons, text, or perhaps graphics that visitors will be overwhelmed by effects and under-whelmed by the site content.
– Limit the quantity of graphics on your own Web site so that you will don’t whelm your site visitors with “graphics overload. inch Don’t use animated GIF images on your Site. These were neat ten years in the past, but in modern-day professional environment, they are yet another “loud, ” annoying muddinessconfusion that site visitors don’t want to see.
– Avoid the use of Microsoft’s designs (built-in design and style templates) when making a Web site with Microsoft FrontPage. Although FrontPage draws on a regular basis, we prepare the fact that it can be used to design great Internet sites.
– Is not going to incorporate supports into Web page design. The usage of frames in a Web site will drive customers away faster than anything at all!
– DO incorporate the correct Web site design elements to make certain your Web-site is ready to be seen by search engines like yahoo.